For older adults 55 and older and for residents and friends of the Drexel Heights Fire District!
The academy meets for two sessions and each session is 3 1/2 hours. To start the program off, participants will take a tour of a station and apparatus, and learn about the services DHFD has been providing since 1954. Throughout the program, participants will also learn the latest in fire safety techniques (including using a fire extinguisher), fall prevention and balance assessments and community programs available to seniors. The program will conclude with a graduation ceremony!
Drexel Heights Training Classroom at the Prince Administration Center, located at 5950 S. Cardinal.
Sessions are offered in the winter months, typically in January and February.
- Meet the local emergency responders.
- Learn safety information specifically related to seniors.
- Receive FREE safety supplies.
- To register, complete the APPLICATION and waivers and then click submit.
- There is limited space in each session, so register soon!
- There is NO fee to participate in this program.
- For more program information, call us (520) 571-8700.